Connect 2 computer directly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly4High

In Runtime
Hi there,
Would someone know the simplest way to connect 2 PC directly?
Pls, help! Thanks a lot!

Just get a crossover ethernet cable, and connect the NICs on each computer together.

For them to actually be able to 'talk' to each other, you are gonna have to configure IP addresses on each of them. For example one could be 192.168.0.1 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, and the other could be 192.168.0.2 with the same subnet mask.

If you dont know how to change you IP address, just post back:D

Yeah, I've done as you said and everything fine, but i'm not config IP address for each machine and it run ok! Maybe I use other protocol not TCP/IP, right?
Thanks a lot, anyway!
Regard.

It may be recognize automatically, you can use command "ipconfig" to see your ip address and "ping" to confirm other connect or not

The strange thing happened that, I can see the 2 PC's IP, and sharing files and folders were ok!
But I cannot ping from 2 PCs to each other! And the connection icon at bottom right position showed that there's the connection problem or limited connectivity and it's appeared with "!" symbol!
Don't know why!!
Thanks a lot!

If like that, you have to config your IP in oder to work well. If you already changed but the problem also like that, plz check your cable.
Regard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom