Configuring a larger home network

Status
Not open for further replies.

wagnj1

Solid State Member
Hey all -

I will soon be moving in with about 5 of my buddies. They dont' currently have the internet at their place, so I called up the local ISP (which I work for), switched the account to my name (so I get the discount on high speed internet), and ordered the fastest DSL high speed they have available (7Mbps down, 680Kbps up).
Right now, at the place where I live, I'm the only computer in the network. I have all of the correct ports forwarded so that Bit Tornado, mIRC, and LimeWire all work properly. I am also playing World of Warcraft and have the correct ports forwarded for that.
The situation will be different at the house I'm moving into. There will one day be about 5 PC's on the network, with at least 3 of them using Bit Tornado, mIRC, and Limewire. They will all be running World of Warcraft as well.
My question is, how can I configure the network so that all of these programs continue to work on all of the PC's? I can't forward a port to multiple machines can I? How can I set up the router so that these programs will continue to work, even though they are on more than one computer on the network?
Does anyone know if World of Warcraft will work on more than one machine on the network?? I know that theoretically it should, but what I'm I going to do port-forward-wise? If I somehow have those ports forwarded to more than one machine, how are the patch updates going to download?
I hope someone can help me out...

Well first of all, what sort of router and firewall setup are you using? The options you have are pretty dependent on the hardware and soft ware you have.

I'm using a dlink di-625 extremeG wireless router, comes with a firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom