configure Dual Wan ASUS rtn66u

cliffhucker

In Runtime
I have a DSL and a a Cable connection and am trying to figure if and how i can assign certain internet services to one or the other.

My cable is my primary and i typically have the dsl line set for Fail Over.

But i want to utilize the dsl line if possible and have control over the load balance.

I am using amazon music desktop app a lot and would like that to just use the dsl line. I guess my biggest hurdle is trying to determine the ip address of the feed from Amazon and if it would be constant.

It would be nice to look in my router and see "Amazon Music" glaring at me and be-able to choose it and assign it to secondary WAN.

Would flashing my router with ddwrt give me a lot more options in this ?

any guidance is appreciated.

15b79e3381d246a6b7382ce625a4e74d.png

Last edited:
The options are there, you are going to need to do some homework as far as IP addresses go. You will need the machine IP, as well as the IP addresses of the services you are using and assign static routes. Not really any other way to do that, even in commercial grade software you end up having to use static routes unless you wanna spend thousands on something that can do DPI and make its own decisions.

The options are there, you are going to need to do some homework as far as IP addresses go. You will need the machine IP, as well as the IP addresses of the services you are using and assign static routes. Not really any other way to do that, even in commercial grade software you end up having to use static routes unless you wanna spend thousands on something that can do DPI and make its own decisions.

I did a "netstat -b" and found all the amazon servers but they will probably just keep changing Ip address' If i input them and then i need to apply settings in my router and then it reconnects. otherwise i could just input them once each day.

ef41e20bff1c49d686eb2122fdcdd796.png

Back
Top Bottom