Computer won't connect to internet wireless or with ethernet cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulaCT

Solid State Member
My laptop was working fine until Friday. My son was having problem with his Xbox lagging, so he pressed the reset button on the router (2wire - we have Uverse). Then I went to use my computer, and it can't find any wireless networks at all (not even the neighbors). Maybe it's just coincidence that this happened the same time the router was reset but it seems strange. I tried connecting using an ethernet cable but that won't work either. Any suggestions? Thanks!
PS....It's an HP with Vista and I've had for about 3 or 4 years.

I just tried that and I got " 'ispconfig' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". :(
Any other suggestions? Thanks.

what isp you have? and what lights are active on router?

Hello,

can you mind to tell me what isp you have? such as, verizon, comcast and etc?
other thing you need to check is the lights on the router? please post it here so I can try to troubleshoot it.

thanks.

Re: what isp you have? and what lights are active on router?

My isp is AT & T, we have Uverse. The router works fine for the other computers in the house. The problem is definitely on MY computer. I just can't figure out why my computer can't find any wireless networks. Thanks for your help.

did you mean ipconfig /all

in command prompt basically windows key + R. and type in cmd and type in ipconfig /all

* after typing ipconfig hit space and than enter all. so it would be "ipconfig all"
do that and see if it shows a valid IP address and try to post the result here.

thanks.

Try to see if your wireless is enabled on the computer that is giving issues? are you using windows xp? vista? which one?

The wireless is enabled and the switch is in the ON position, I've run a test on my wireless card and it says it's working properly. I just did the command prompt you said to do and it says "Media state.........media disconnected" . I took a picture of the screen that I will post in just a minute.

I guess I can't post a picture from the computer, it has to be from an URL. My computer is an HP Pavilion dv6736nr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom