computer restarts everytime I have usb wireless device connected...why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wusta515

Beta member
computer restarts everytime I have usb wireless device connected...why? I installed the software. Is my driver messed up, incompatible usb? It worked before, but it had severe spyware problems, so i eliminated them(may not associate w/ my issue). Now it does this. It worked once for like 5 min, then it jus kept restarting until i unplugged the device. Thanx in advance...

sorry, maybe this shoulda been in the trouble shootin hardware section....

Try checking the event viewer for any errors or warnings at the specific date and time the computer crashes.

Check device manager for any error on the hardware.

You said you eliminated some spywares? Maybe you may have corrupted a vital system files during the removal, maybe a repair or reformat and reinstallation of Windows may help.

Could be USB problem also, maybe a bad port or driver? Not to sure, as your problem could be many things. I'm just giving you some ideas.

talldude123: I don't remember the exact specs, but it's not too old for wireless. i built the thing a year ago for someone. It's something like..amd sempron 2600 w/ like 512mb ddr memory...etc. My post says "it's worked before.."

Law: thanx. yes, it could be many things, but i've checked a lot of things and i'm hoping its not the repair part that messed it up, cuz it'd be. Don't want to reinstall windows, too time consuming. I guess i'll uninstall and reinstall the usb device again and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom