Computer Internet Problems....AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

PadaWaN5

Baseband Member
Hey all I have internet problems again....

1. I just downloaded Opera cause i cant get my Firefox working. When ever I try openign it says. Windows Can not open Firefox because anotehr Firefox program is running. Restart your system, or close the existing Firefox. I tried restarting my system...That didnt work and then I tried Ctrl+ALT+DELETE and I could find th error on that page. So what should I DO

2. My internet has been really slow. I am using a NETGEAR WG11v2 Wireless. IT ahs been really really slow. On my tool bar at the bottom right hand corner of my screen it shows a small laptop wiht a red screen and a signal thign come from it, When i roll over it it says. NETGEAR WG111v2 Scanning.....

What can i do with these can people answer thse questions on how to fix it and Or make my whole internet better.

Right click on your taskbar and select Task Manager. In there close any open Firefox prompts. From there go Start>Run>msconfig and see if you have Firefox under startup.

Have you tried a direct connection from the modem to your PC. Could be a router problem. Have you reset the router?

Right click on your taskbar and select Task Manager. In there close any open Firefox prompts. From there go Start>Run>msconfig and see if you have Firefox under startup.

Have you tried a direct connection from the modem to your PC. Could be a router problem. Have you reset the router?

Well My router is down stairs for my Families computer, I boguht my own so I use a wireless internet. And how can i reset my router would that owrk at all.. And Also, Would that mess up my internet at all.. Because i dont wnt to put my HOLE, Internet to Jepordy just to fix mine.

Thanks and can someone answer my other questiosn

A reset of the router is just taking a Pen and putting it into the reset slot. Most of them are located on teh back of the router and recessed so you cant push them by accident.

Would it work? I couldnt tell you for sure. Would it mess up the internet? While the router resets it wouldnt work. But once the router reset it would be just fine.

Without at least trying these things we cant give you accurate advice cause we dont know where the problem is. It could be the router, could be the modem, could be something with your ISP. Could just be your PC not getting the signal strenght it needs.

Well< my internet is a little bit better now, and how logn would it take to reset it Cause my parents would need to probably use the itnernet.

Also, I am trying to download a Game using Opera. And it need sto transfer to a Compress Folder..And when ever I download it I have to stay at ym comptuer because the Transfer keeps getting stopped and I always have to resume the Transfer.

Oh yea one last question. This has happened to me a while now and its getting annoying... When Ever I use my internet browsers. IT just started happenign after Firefox was getting problems. When Ever i serach stuff on google and Click on the Link to the website Via Google.. I goes to Findit.com/hockey%20 Thats nto exactly what it does but im just giving a example.. How can i get rid of it because it gets pretty annoying after a While hwen I need to type it into the Adress bar.

EDIT; Also Anothe er question is one my tools bar it says NETGEAR WG111v2 Scanning...

How can i get rid of that or does that not matter at all?

It should only take a couple of mins for the router to completely reset.
I would also do a scan on the pc, that last question you had sounds a lot like you're getting redirected by some sort of virus.

Hey guys I got another question ;). So I got a new Wireless Adapter because My computer got all screwed up and stuff so i need to do these thigns. Lets not get into that But My connection always goes out ever 5 minutes I would say and I always have to repair and its getting annoying.

Any way to make this work

We dont even know what is causing it. How can we help make it work if we still dont know what is causing your network issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom