This computer is driving me NUTS someone plz HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

varouj

Beta member
hey guys,
im getttting REAAAAALY mad with this damn computer, its my friends and ive had it for about a month now and just have got around to fixing it around this week, but its a killer! its a AMD K-6 300, 32MB sd ram, windows xp, i know the ssystem specs arent the problem because he has sed this computer for a long time with the internet working

(((PROBLEM)))
the problem is that his internet does not work, when i go into network servieses and click on local internet connection i notice that there is only outgoing packets not incomming, so that is a problem i think, and when i go to repair internet connection, it says cannot repair please conntact admin, then when i check the ip and so on theres no ip but i know that this computer has worked with the internet and i know that the computer does recognize its there because its sending out packets, but still its not working

i have done virus scans with norton antivirus 2004, with updates, and ive removed all his ads, with ad- aware ....but nothing is making this computer budge!!! help!!!

Thank you!
Varouj

Try these few things:

1) turn off ALL devices (computer, modem, etc) for about a minute
2) turn on one by one

Is it working now?

3) unistall/reinstall your internet connection (local connection)

Is it working?

4) disable/enable the local connection

Is it working yet?

5) Do you have a firewall? Norton might be blocking/doing something.
6) turn off Norton and reboot again.

hope that helps.... BUT bottom line, if it was working before, something changed to make it not work.

Baby steps :)

Good Luck

well man if you don't get an IP address, check with TCP/IP settings, is it on obtaining IP address automatically or manually?
did you move the computer before it quit working? if your physical connection is ok, it looks like it's sending DHCP request but receiving nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom