comp wont connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
so my comp wont connect through anything. not even hook directly to the modem. it shows in my connections that it is connected without error but it wont go online. not even on steam or vent. i am typing this with my phone so forgive me for the spelling and bad gramar. this is peeving me please if you know what is going on... help!

Do you have the latest network card driver installed?

Is your network connection for whatever reason disabled?

On the back of your computer by the ethernet port, do you see lights to show some sort of connectivity?

Do you have another computer in the house you can test with the modem to verify the modem and the line works fine?

Did you contact your ISP to see if they could connect to your modem to verify everything on their end works?

done an "ipconfig /release" then an "ipconfig /renew" from the cmd prompt?
Can you ping anything? e.g. your router, google.com, etc.

says my comp does not have permission to rrelease or renew... pretty much saying i dont have prmission to get ip. it shows connected 100mbps and 400 MbPs. but still no net. all enabled..

Are you using Vista? Go to the cmd.exe file (it's in system32 I think), right click on it and select 'Run as Admin' Then try releasing and renewing.

Also do an ipconfig to see what ip is given to you. If it is a 169.x.x.x one you are not actually connecting.

If so try a different cable. new drivers.

see if you can ping the router.

ok you are connecting can you ping a website like google?

Code:
ping www.google.com

if not you may want to reset winsock from a command prompt.
netsh winsock reset

and reset tcp/ip
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Then I would make a run through osiris guide just to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom