Communicating with a game server

lefty4000

Beta member
Hello!

I am new and I'm pretty new to this whole server dealio although I'm no stranger to programming so don't try to dumb it down.

I am wondering how I would be able to contact a server. I can ping it although I can get no such sort of command response. The server is that of guild wars 2 (WHOO!). I'm trying to contact it out of the client. the ip address of the server i'm trying to address is 184.51.200.192

Anybody wanna help?

Also I don't know how to moniter traffic. I'm using port query v2 from microsoft and then also puttytel, which hasn't given me anything. When I use the port query. I use 184.51.200.192 and I get a FILTERED and it says.
Code:
 Starting portqry.exe -n 184.51.200.192 -e 6112 -p TCP ...

Querying target system called:

Attempting to resolve IP address to a name...

IP address resolved to a184-51-200-192.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com

querying...

TCP port 6112 (unknown service): FILTERED
portqry.exe -n 184.51.200.192 -e 6112 -p TCP exits with return code 0x00000002.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

From my very limited skill, It looks like port 6112 is being filter to reject pings.. They probably have a security setting to stop ping returns, while accepting legitimate connections.

1stly, you sure of your port? as its finding the server i believe, just not ann open port at 6112

Okay. No i'm not sure of my port. I don't know if it is 6112, its just a guess since guild wars used a similar port range.
Is there a way that I can watch the traffic the guild wars 2 program has while talking to its server? I would like to launch the client and then as I try to log in, see what kind of information it sends and where it sends it to and all that. Is there a program to do that?

Back
Top Bottom