Comcast to Verizon... Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
urbanwks said:
an added bonus is that i'm about 500ft from a CO.

Do you mean switching station? For Verizon to work, you have to be within 650 feet or so from a switching station. I dont see how 500ft from one could be nessecarily a good thing.

But thanks though, for you reassurement. I'm just really upset that my mom did this behind my back. I know it's her money, but still, she relies on ME to fix EVERY problem that occurs with her computer and network. In order for me to do that, I have to know everything that goes on on it and have the final say on any changes that happen. Especially a huge one like this!

You know what her reasoning was? "She called me on the phone so I didn't have a chance to consult with you" Apparently my mother does not know how to say no.

DJ-CHRIS said:
DSL in Canada for the main part is WAAAAY faster than Cable

Cable is typically under 1 meg and DSL is 2+

I dont know where in Canada your from, but Ive lived in both NB and am currently in NS, and DSL is much slower than Cable. Cable in both provinces is 5 MB. DSL is around 3, sometimes 4 if you go with an Ultra package or whatever they call it. I get over 600 Kbps off Cable when downloading from sites like Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom