Comcast business class - Remote access

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccarron

Solid State Member
We recently changed from a t1 to Comcast business class with static address. i want to access my network remotely. Comcast is telling me I need to place another router inside the linksys gateway they gave me and connect to\thru it. In fact when the tech came in he connected the gateway to the router I already had in place and everything seems to work without us doing anything to the internal router. How do I create remote access and vpn connections to my network (this is new to us) through the linksys router to our old router. I am assumming it has something to do with port forwarding, but I'm not sure. My boss doesn't trust the linksys gateway that comcast gave us and want to do as much on our internal equipment as possible. How can I remotely connect to this network? What are my options?

Thanks for the assist. I guess no one knows which doesn't bode well for asking any other questions. 15 reviews and not even a KMA or a request for more info.

I wish I had an answer for you, but networking is not my forte (yet). I'm with your boss in not trusting the equipment supplied by an ISP if at all possible, though.

There are a few here who would be able to give you some details. Hopefully one of them will see this and chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom