Comcast Bull****

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ_88

Beta member
I got a letter from Comcast Cable company a few weeks ago telling me I had to many computers connected to the internet, and they said they will disconnect all but 1.
Today they pulled the plug on me. :mad:

IÂ’ve been with Comcast (and the earlier owner AT&T) for past 5 years now years I've had all my computers connected with a very affordable monthly fee until today when Comcast got greedy with their Broadband monopoly!

Now back when it was owned by AT&T you could get 6 extra IP addresses for $10 a month. But now with comcast its $5 a month for a single extra IP no exceptions! I have 7 computers! That would be an extra $30 a month from what IÂ’m already paying! ($90 with standard cable TV).

ComcastÂ’s other offer for people with multiple computers is their "Home Networking Package".

Comcasts Home Networking scam here

You do get faster internet access and its only $8 a month but look at the setup fee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I called them up and they said it would cost me $300 for the setup fee (and this setup fee is not optional, you have to pay it in order to get the Home Network option). They say the setup fee is to pay for their "network experts" to come to my house and setup up my file and printer sharing. Holy crap, I'm not going to blow $300 for an "expert" to do a 30 minute job I can easily do myself!!!!! What a frickin scam!! The Comcast phone service guy told me “If you hire someone to do this job it would cost a lot more, so this is a great deal!” Bull**** I tell you!!!

The only other option is to use a router to split your 1 IP. But I have a bunch of home servers set up on multiple computers, plus games donÂ’t always work correctly sharing one IP

If I can find another ISP provider that is fast and affordable I might drop Comcast :(

Note to Comcast: You had a good thing going when you first bought AT&TÂ…. Now with the lack of competition things will only get worse for the customerÂ… At least have more affordable options for people with a lot of computers.

Man.....a gateway/router would be very cheap.....why not just buy one, get your ISP connected again and then set it up?
This is all this "Home Networking Package" is.....For $300, a tech will come to your house, install the gateway/router, toggle the total bandwidth, and setup each computer. Just buy one yourself and then cross the "Gaming issues" bridge once you get to that bridge.

-Mike

hmm, yeah come to think of it. If you get the Home Networking Package you probably don't even get multiple IP addresses for each computer. If thats so I feel sorry for the people who've ordered it. Unless your just that rich and desperate to get a faster internet connection.

Time Warner did that to me over about 3 years ago. They told me they had implimented something new and I would have to buy additional IP addresses for $10 a piece. I laughed at him and told him I was going to buy a router instead...

There are a lot of people out there that are "technology challenged" and as such would have no problem spending $300 to get a homenetwork set up.

But I do also think that, with a lot of the hardware that's out there, they package "installation software" that makes setting up a somewhat painless task.

When I went on my cable system, I already had my cable modem, and the house was already set up with the cable all throughout. However, in order to get hooked up, I had to pay the "set-up" fee and have the technician come out and do his thing.

It's their ballgame and equipment......so if you wanna play.....it's by their rules.

I called comcast again but this time they told me that you get 2 extra IPs for $5

I just ordered 4 extra IPs. I'm glad I didn't buy them with the other comcast phone guy I talked to the other day...

Get yourself a Router & to Hell with Comcast! My ISP, Cox Cable was charging me 6 bucks for every additional PC access.:mad:

there are ways to split a standard eithernet cable. a guy that put in a new motherboard in our laptop told us about it. u could problbley try it and then get 2 computers from 1 cable, and then split the spiltted, and avoid the fees. it might be illegal but whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom