College wireless a pain, any ways to make this a bit more bearable? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Internet > Computer Networking and Internet Hardware
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 10:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default College wireless a pain, any ways to make this a bit more bearable?

So pretty much I just moved into Rez, they have a shared wireless which is pretty cool. The problem is, when you aren't active on your computer for say, 20 minutes it logs you off the system and you have to login again. So, for example, when I play xbox live I get booted from my game every 20 minutes unless I go and be active on my computer. Which is a pain. Is there any sort of program available that keeps a connection running when I'm not active on the PC? Thanks!

Old 08-31-2011, 10:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Default Re: College wireless a pain, any ways to make this a bit more bearable?

I am sure this is done for a security reason. I would contact the people who take care of the IT stuff and see if they can assist you.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread