client not having internet access

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux1880

In Runtime
I have a win2k server with 2 NICs. I have configured DHCP,Routng and remote access,

NIC1 configuration:

automatic detection as it is directly connnected to cable mdem.

NIC2 configuration

IP add: 192.168.0.1
sub mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway : empty
DNS Server: 192.168.0.1

client(win2k) side NIC:

automatic detection.

There is no internet connection in the client , although there is in server.help me out guys.How do i get internet in client. Other network connections are fine.

go to the cmd of the client and try in cmd ping 192.168.0.1. coz mabe ur dhcp is not giving the clients ip address this some times happens to me when my pc stayes like a week on or so

You might have to enter your router's IP address as the def. gateway to get connected properly.

Give it a shot and let us know how it goes!

Thanks holocron and others but I don't have router. I have modem connected to one NIC where ISP is giving IP and other NIC is connected to client via hub. I can access the server and ping (no problem) but not getting internet connection in client. In sever there is no problem.
#

Thanks

did u share ur internet connection in the first place ? i think thats the problem ull need to share the connection to ur clients first

linux1880 said:
Thanks holocron and others but I don't have router. I have modem connected to one NIC where ISP is giving IP and other NIC is connected to client via hub. I can access the server and ping (no problem) but not getting internet connection in client. In sever there is no problem.
#

Thanks

you still need to tell the client where to get inet access from. You do this by setting the default gateway. set it to the ip of your server.

ps your server is acting as a router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom