Client Bridging causing issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eatspaystries

Beta member
Alright guys this is what is going on. I wanted to set up my old router as a repeater to my new router to increase the overall wifi connectivity in my house. We have always had connection issues. occasionally crashing being slow on fridays and being fine most of the days.

1. I have my original router which is a linksys wrt54g.
2. i have my new router which is a DGL-4500

now the DGL-4500 is my Primary router. the firmware is 1.01 since i knew the firmware 1.21 has alot of issues. And i also know that the DGL-4500 doesnt support client bridging(wireless bridge) but my wrt54g does support it with the dd-wrt firmware. After i spent a long while configuring it i set it up and tested it. Worked like a charm. tested my dwnload speeds and it was more than expect but not phenomenal. (i was expecting 2-3 mb/s and am getting 5-7 mb/s) where as i have heard people getting upwards of 15-17 mb/s.

so today our internet has crashed four or five times it has not been slow. last night it crashed once. we contacted our ISP and they insisted that something is wrong with the router.

This is my first Configuration of routers let alone doing a client bridge. so if im just being paranoid let me know.

any configuration information you need just tell me and ill send it out.

sam

When the problem occur can you determine if computers connected to DGL-4500 are still able to access the Internet? I am assuming DGL-4500 is the one connected to your ISP device/modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom