Cisco ASA 5505 IP block

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneno

Solid State Member
Hey everybody,
I'm a basic IT guy who is the general "goto" guy and recently inherited all IT operations including our Cisco firewall which I know NOTHING about.

I have an outside user dialing in with a vpn and then trying to connect using pcanywhere ver. 12.5 has never had any problems till she upgraded her wireless router and had to have the a service rep remote dial in to help configure it. Since then she can no longer use her pcanywhere? I went to her place using her wireless and my laptop using the exact same set up and could get in with no problem. I can use her laptop in house on our network and use her pcanywhere ifne. Where do Look to find if her ip is being block using the Cisco ASDM 6.1 management system? or where do I start in general?
Thanks in advance.

Well, its not her ip address, or you wouldn't have got in either. Every computer out of her house will have the same ip address.

They must have messed up the vpn settings.

If the laptop has any firewall/Anti-virus software on it (Mcafee) disable it.

Agreed. Maybe there had to be a port forwarded on her router before, and shes using DHCP, when she plugged back in she could have pulled a different IP, but you may of happened to get the right one.

Just a thought, seen it happen

Well now I can dial in on her VPN but when I try to use pcanywhere it fails to establish a connection and times out. When I have her laptop in the building in the network pcanywhere works fine. I can have my laptop at her house and have no problems getting in using the exact same procedures? I've double checked all firewalls and settings and they look fine. I've compared all of my settings to hers as well and they are identical. I'm using pcanywhere v 12.5. I have a cisco ASA 5505 firewall too, shes set up using the same usergroup to get in as everyone else.
Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Her VPN access is set up to access a VPN user group set-up within the cisco asa 5505

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom