"Chrome Registion Failed" Error Message In FF3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Just this morning, I started getting the following error message every time I start Firefox 3

Chrome Registion Failed
:!: Firefox could not install this item because fof a failure in Chrome Registration. Please contact the author about this problem

[ OK ]

Normally the first 2 times to load FireFox 3, it will display this message. On the 3rd time of starting Firefox 3, FF will continue to load. However the error message stays until I press okay.
Once firefox is working, every thing is okay. However if I close all my instances of Firefox, I then need to process with loading FF 3 times before it will stay open.

This is a little strange considering that i have not installed Google Chrome on my Vista installation in the first place. However I do have Mozilla Firefox Start Page as my homepage.

Any suggestions?

I was just reading this
Chrome registration failed

The problem is that I removed all my extension and I am still getting the error.

Do the full uninstall. Remove the app and then remove the folder in App Data. Then reinstall.

I had some problems with the App Data folder as windows vista would not let me in. F***ing vista. It's my computer, I am the admin, and yet it locks me out my App Data Folder. :mad:

Anyways, I fix this chrome issue. Uninstalled FF. Deleted FF directory from programs files. Reinstalled FF. Every thing is sweet again

Use the hidden Admin account. Stops all that stuff. ;) That is what i do. Bypass using the Power User account created on install go right for the Admin account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom