Cheap wireless at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAR

Beta member
My wife wants to access our home PC from anywhere in the house without using a full fledged laptop.

Did some reading and the smart display sounded like a neat idea but those are rather spendy and are said to not work so well.

Tablet PC is too spendy as well.

She just needs a moblie screen and keyboard with only enough computing power to hook into the main PC.

Does such a thing exsist? If not what would be some other options.

I know you said you didn't want a lap top. But is there a reason why? you can actually find a really good and cheap deal if you look at used ones on ebay. just get a low quality one with a 300mHz processor or so. small hard drive no cd player. you know the bear minimum. My friend got one on ebay for about $250 with shipping included. I got mine through ebay also. mine was a little more expensive ($800) but it still had a year parts and labor warranty through DELL.

Just a thought!!

I agree with Computeradict, basically your looking for a laptop and by using a mobile screen/keyboard your looking at even more money than a used laptop would run you. I've gotten a few laptops off ebay myself for under 200.00 that work just fine on my wireless network. The one I'm working on right here next to my computer cost me 40.00 with shipping, it worked out of the box, and came with windows. So you just gotta shop around to find a good deal, or you could ask around the small shops and see if you can get one built on the cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom