Characteristics of my pc that can be seen or determined by other internet users

dwright

Baseband Member
Can anyone tell me of the details about my computer and my network that other internet users are able to find out? By other users I mean general internet users that have no access behind my router, but also users/companies that have provided me with software to run and that are able to gain internal access to my computer through this software.

For instance, can they read the product ID of the HDD's installed? Does my OS give off a unique code?

I am interested in finding out all of the characteristics that determine my computer, that could possibly be seen.

Can anyone help?

Download and run a program like Belarc Advisor or CPU-Z. Either one will show almost everything in your system, and that can also be seen by anyone with the right level of access.

Anyone who doesn't have access to anything behind your router won't be able to see anything, really. Of course, software allows all kinds of access from commercial applications to malware. Opening anything to the public like a web server can also reveal details about your system/network.

Back
Top Bottom