changing ip and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mission

In Runtime
ok..so me and my brother both play world of warcraft...and we share the account and are part of the same guild in the game..

my brother got removed from the guild for stealing items...and they banned our ip or host or something from the guild forums...

i asked if they could remove the ban so that i could still continue to go there, but they refused so my question is..

is there any way i can change my ip address or do what ever i have to do in order to be able to visit the forums again?

edit: same goes for the IRC channel... =\

Try start > run > cmd > ipconfig /renew ...depends on your ISP, but you should be able to. If that doesn't help, try opening your modem up via the browser, and look for a release/renew IP address...!
:rolleyes:

wouldnt that require a dynamic ip? im using a program DynIp..changed it to something else but it didnt work..

Proxy, it lets you surf with a different IP by connecting to a gateway,proxy server. Won't work for connecting to games if you got banned but will work for web browsing.

hmm okay thanks...do you know how to do this? or do you know where i can go to find out?

Here's the thing, they usually dont ban the ip address only, they also tie in the MAC address.

This is a unique set of numbers, like a ip address, that is on your NIC card. I have been banned from servers, and games before. I will go to my local computer store, and spend a few bucks on a new NIC card. But just to let you know, they probaly banned the credit card used, and the user account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom