Changing to a DSL connection for my business

Status
Not open for further replies.

funknuts

Baseband Member
We currently have a T1 connection. I am switching to a DSL service now because it is cheaper. the technician from the ISP cmae out and installed a router and proved the router was set up correctly by plugging his laptop into it. the router he installed is configured for the IP address 192.168.0.1. now i have about a 10 computer network with a server. im still currently using my T1 connection and when i ping the srver its address is 10.0.0.10 and every other computer has an address of 10.0.0 and a number. everyones ehternet adapter is set to obtain the IP and DNS automatically. Do i have to do anything to the IP's address for each computer to make it work for the DSL? should i just unplug the cable form the T1 and plug it into the DSL router and that is all i need t do?

well to be frank, this is a very loaded question.
There are a number of possible problems all depending on how the network is setup behjind your router.
In theory, you should be able to move the connection over and have no problems. That is as long as you have another control router that is managing the internal IP's already, which is what I suspect. But if you dont' and you swtich over, the IP's may change to a different range and if you have static ips or us IPs for printers or servers, then you can run in to problems.
Might want to check out how/where your machine IP's come from and then determine if moving the WAN link will cause any issues with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom