change display from packets to bytes

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
hey is there a way to change the display from packets to bytes in local area connection? I always get in packets and I want to look at it in bytes so if there is any tweak or trick to it please reply and let me know. thanks.

I dont think that you are able to change the display. It has nothing to do with the OS either. I've seen some that display packets and some that display bytes. I think that it is a matter of how the driver of the NIC communicates with the OS and what is available. You can display bytes in the task manager but they reset every time the task manager is closed. Task Manager is a diagnostic tool anyway and hardly a good option for just viewing packets over a long term basis unless for a good reason.

well yeah i use a router and never have been able to see how much bytes of data has been transferred but when i connect directly to the modem it shows in bytes though.

Must be the driver being able to switch from one display to another depending on the source then ... still isn't the OS though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom