Certain websites unaccessable on main router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan Freeman

Solid State Member
I am having a problem with one of my routers. It is a 'Belkin ADSL2+ Modem with Wireless G Plus MIMO Router. Model No F5D9630-4'. Wehen using this router, certain websites become completely or partially inaccesible. Examples include but are not limited to Kotaku, the Gamer?s Guide (100% unreachable) and eBay - one of the UK's largest shopping destinations (works, but buying and bidding and signing in pages don't).

When I try my other router (SAFECOM, other details unknown) these websites work fine. Any suggestions?

Well since you tried another router and it works, that leaves only one option. The router in question is defective and needs to be replaced.

Try resetting it to factory settings.

I tried that already.

Well since you tried another router and it works, that leaves only one option. The router in question is defective and needs to be replaced.

Is that truly the only reason? I don't mind getting another router, but I thought this seemed more like a software problem than a hardware one.

I tried that already.

How did you do it?

Is that truly the only reason? I don't mind getting another router, but I thought this seemed more like a software problem than a hardware one.

The factory settings should be pretty open so if you are still being restricted then it may well be the hardware. There are a number of open source firmware alternatives you could try but I would not recommend that if you might be able to get an RMA since installing one will probably invalidate the warranty.

How did you do it?

The factory settings should be pretty open so if you are still being restricted then it may well be the hardware. There are a number of open source firmware alternatives you could try but I would not recommend that if you might be able to get an RMA since installing one will probably invalidate the warranty.

I used a pen to push the reset button on the back, and then went into the routers settings and manually told it to reset to factory defaults. An RMA isn't really an option, as this router was given to me by a family member and it has no warrenty anyway.

Have you tried asking your family member if they know anything about what you're seeing? If they don't know, you could try installing one of the open source alternatives. If both of the above fails then I am out of ideas and you may well just have to bin the router or use it as a spare in case of emergencies.

Have you tried asking your family member if they know anything about what you're seeing? If they don't know, you could try installing one of the open source alternatives. If both of the above fails then I am out of ideas and you may well just have to bin the router or use it as a spare in case of emergencies.

i already asked him and he didn't know. I'll try an open-source firmware. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom