Certain sites go so slowww? What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

notechiehere

Beta member
I have the HP Bus Class laptop, 8710 I think, and it goes fairly fast, bought last summer. I kept Windows IE 7.0 on it, no vista. It is no slouch, that's for sure. Web surfing is usually quick, HOWEVER, there are one or two sites that go crazy slow. I've tried contacting the sites tech help, and they say it works fine for everyone and they don't help. I tried bringing a tech to my house, and they tried, to shut down Norton Internet Security, and small fixes, but these sites still crawl. Firefox, did the same thing.

Unfortuneately, I need to access these sites. I've cleaned out my history/temp files, my cookies, tried to lower my privacy.... but I don't know if there is a certain script on these sites, java, active x, that are causing a wierd problem. I really am not savvy enough to know what's causing it. It can take 13-15 seconds to jump from page to page. And that is slow as molassas. My other internet sites, work just fine. So any ideas of what I can turn off, or lower, or deactivate, so I can use these sites.

There's got to be an easy fix, because like I said it's only a few sites that are doing this....

Thanks SO MUCH.

ps. If I'm on the wrong forum, please let me know where to redirect questions.

Try switching DNS servers in your router (assuming you have one).
Usually they default to your ISP's, but can be switched no problem.
Some sites were slow for me, switched to new DNS servers and worked great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom