Central Break-Out SIP Trunking definition needed

gaye jording

Beta member
Hi all,

I am looking for some information on what Central Breakout would mean to you. Ie. description of it. Or if there is another term you are familiar with that would mean the same thing. I've also heard of trunk pooling.

I've searched SIP Providers but am unable to find an actual description for it. However I know that it exists.

Any help would be great

not really sure this will help-

https://www.ingate.com/files/white_paper_What_is_SIP_Trunking_A.pdf

"Local breakout

The use of the IP networks for part of the route of the call means that a service
provider with several points of presence around the world, or that has agreements
with other service providers to exchange traffic with, can allow the call to stay on the IP network for as long as possible. The call is transferred to the PSTN at the point of presence closest to the destination of the call. This process, sometimes referred to as “local breakout,” allows the service provider to make maximum use of local PSTN call rates rather than paying international or long distance charges. This contributes to making SIP trunking a very cost-effective solution for the enterprise as well as for the SIP trunking service provider."

Back
Top Bottom