Ccnp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind at all.

I could answer some of your questions from what I've heard and read from Cisco.

1) Yes CCNP to me seem like you dwell deeper from what you've learned in CCNA and new additional information that you haven't learned. Some people say CCNP was easier for them than the CCNA and others think that CCNA was harder. However I do not know that yet since I haven't done a CCNP certification.

2) No that is not true, as far as I know, CCNA last for 3 year, you must be a CCNA to take a CCNP. If you fail, you are still a CCNA. If your CCNA expire, you can take the CCNP.

5) I would think NO, buy real cisco equipments. Ebay is your best place to find cheap kits. Ciscokits.com have some great deal also. Or search around the net if you can find a great deal.

hi everyone its good to be back in techforums
----------------------------------------------
ccna , ccnp ,ceh , ccie (r n s - written exam (given) )

Hmmm, never saw this thread before :( :)

Anyway, just to throw in my 2 cents...

CCNP is more or less an over experienced CCNA. CCNA deals a lot with the theory (OSI) and a little physical (testing and practice). CCNP deals more of the same as the CCNA coupled with Remote Networking, Multiple layers, and going up from there. To put it into a numerical scheme, a CCNP should be able to handle larger networks with more protocols (both routing and routed) over a very large scale... lets say 400-600 networking computers or so. Take all that you learn with the CCNA and make room for more hands on practical knowledge as CCNA is the root of all Cisco certifications (in my eyes) Personally, no matter which way you decide to go with Cisco certifications, CCNA is the best start (besides the fact that it is required.. and besides the easy ones.. like non-cisco A+ and Net+) If you haven't taken A+ or Net+, personally, I'd get them. All routers, switches, etc... are all computers. If you can't understand how they work on an electronic level, then don't start with CCNA.

And yes, even to date.. CCNP, CCVP, etc... all require a "Non-Expired" CCNA license.

Be sure to check into what course number they are working off when you start studying up. I went through networking in college (currently working in just a tech field so have not bothered to get my CCNA even though I went through tons of training for it) and my professor who I see every couple of weeks just to hang out and talk computers was telling me that they are going to be changing the CCNA test soon and updating it. I'd make sure you check when they are updating the CCNP and make sure any course material and books you have cover the updates if they are doing the CCNP soon also.

I Just Passed My Ccie Lab Exam In Tokyo

hi everyone i just passed my ccie lab exam in tokyo
NOEL D'SOUZA
CCIE#20131

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom