IT Career Path

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexlorrenz

Solid State Member
I'm in my last year of college and I still don't know what path to take. I've heard of the cliche that "do what you want" or "follow your heart" but I'm still confused.

I want to pursue a career in Networking because since I was a kid my hands were always dirtied by computer hardware. And I think its what I really want. Here's the catch. I suck at programming and I know very little about database. What bothers me is will I kind of "succeed" in my chosen field even I lack those two essential skills?

Enlighten me, please. :(

hey i hav done my MCA in 2009, now I am working inna school as IT teacher but I want to do something different or related to my course....what can I do?

Depends on what kind of networking you want to do. Look into the Network+ certifications, or the CCNA. Take some networking classes at your college if they offer them to get a feel for what you can look forward to.

I've done 2 CCNA trainings. 2 more and I'll take the certification. But can I survive throughout my career without programming skills and database knowledge? I'm kinda doubting myself.

I've done 2 CCNA trainings. 2 more and I'll take the certification. But can I survive throughout my career without programming skills and database knowledge? I'm kinda doubting myself.

If you need to learn it, you will most likely be taught at your job.

They're very good skills to have, even if they're basic programming or database knowledge. It mostly depends on what kind of networking job you get.

Network Admins don't really do much in the way of programming other than to do some scripts so you won't need to have hardcore programming knowledge, that's what programmers are for. In addition, they don't do much with database other than to do some queries so they don't need extensive DB knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom