can't view .tk websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

printscreen25

Solid State Member
I have a problem where i cannot view .tk websites.
I type in the url
for example - www.computerness.tk (not a real site)
the page just load a white page, and then nothing else loads :S

I can load anyother type of site fine though (.com, .co.uk, .org etc)
I running windows XP Home, and use IE 6, but the .tk websites also don't load in MSN explorer.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Open up command prompt by going to start menu/run and type in cmd and press enter.

Ping this IP address 62.129.131.38 to get a reply back. If it's good than you have a DNS issue, if not than you have a firewall/proxy issue. Post back the result.

Example: ping 62.129.131.38

Well i did what you said...but im not sure if i was supposed to use the example ping you gave me. But i did anyway.

Got this

pingthinghm5.png

That IP address is translate from your DNS server to www.computerness.tk

I'm pretty sure if you tried to ping www.computerness.tk it might not get a reply, this would seem obvious to some that it could be the DNS server you are using. Are you behind a router? What's the setting look like when you do ipconfig /all in command prompt?

If you can ping www.computerness.tk then you don't have a DNS issue. You might have an application issue like a firewall, proxy.

Need to know the brand and model of your router if you're using one and try using another web browser like Firefox.

Well im thought i should mention that im have Norton Internet Security 2006, so thats my firewall.
Im not using a router.

I have a 4mb Broadband connection, with Telewest Blueyonder.

And the "www.computerness.tk" is not a real website...but im not sure how to obtain the IP address of a website i want to go on

In your previous post you said you couldnÂ’t access any web site with .tk domain.

Well if you can open up command prompt and ping the website name

Example: ping www.computerness.tk and get a reply that means you have an application layer issue, which mean that Norton Internet Security is your problem. Lower your settings.

If you canÂ’t get a reply from pinging www.computerness.tk or whatever website you canÂ’t go on that means DNS.

DNS convert the www.computerness.tk to an IP address, thatÂ’s why I am asking you if you can ping the name of the website or not.

I managed to get a reply.
It was my Firewall

I have lowered my settings and now i connect and view .tk website fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom