Can't view my site in firefox :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
Hey, I am building a site for the clan I'm in, the web space and domain name was brought for it by another member.

The problem is, when I view the site in firefox it displays the html, but works fine in IE. Is there a option that I haven't ticked?

The first page works fine though both in IE and FF.

(Site is not to be unveiled yet.)

Thanks, Trif.

(The server is great though, unlimited space allowence, and from the server stats it isn't used alot.)

Edit: Also, I can't follow links around my site when viewing in firefox. I have to copy the links from the editing options (which are the same destination)

it doesnt look like it has an extension...

By the looks of it "gamercards" is the name of the file and not a directory. In which case it needs to be called "gamercards.htm" or similar.

If you want to create a page at the address you have given you need to create a directory called "gamercards" and inside that put the file "index.htm". - basically you need to give an extension for the file, otherwise browsers will interpret it as a text file - other than IE, which does whatever it likes. One of the many quirks of IE!

any file called index.htm, index.html is the page accessed by defualt when you specify a directory - hence why when you go to http://www.ultimateunity.co.uk/ it loads http://www.ultimateunity.co.uk/index.htm without you having to specify the "index.htm" part.

But basically give it a .htm/.html extension and you'll be fine

it opens in my firefox but it asks for admin username and password.. it is not necessary for the last files to have extension..

I aint that GeeK but i guess, if u code in pHp then u can also get juz the file name and not extension..

May be it adds to more security.. or something.. goto tinyurl.com.. i guess it gives u the same option..

The background is asking for the password. I will sort this out later on.

One of FireFox's few strongpoints is that it is very anal about proper HTML construction.

I think the fact that you have not one but THREE body tags in your page may be causing some confusion. I stopped my hunt there, so there might be more stuff going on. Once it was clear the page wasn't properly constructed, I dropped off for some coffee.

Either way, the page viewed just fine for me in FireFox, but I'm not entirely aware of what should and shouldn't be showing up on the page, so I may not be seeing all there is to see.

When I was making this site I didn't think it would actually have decent web space, or have the possibility of actually being used. I will sort out one of the body tags now.

Just need to sort out the rest of the pages.

Thanks for the replies.

The background image was in a private section.

What do you think of the site? Anything I can do to improve it?

Trifid said:
What do you think of the site? Anything I can do to improve it?
I make it a point not to critique websites that people bring up in here. The reason is that I simply do not have the time to do a complete evaluation, nor do I relish the feedback I'd get after I tore your site apart.

That said, I'm sure there's plenty of other nice folks on here willing to spend their time helping you out.

Any comments are welcome for it, even the blunt ones if it will mean that I get a better site out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom