Can't see other PCs on network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cam

Beta member
I'm having a problem creating a workgroup which entitles me to browse the other PCs on the network. :(

I'm on ADSL 256k with a Dlink 300t modem. There are two PCs and one laptop on the network, all running Winxp Pro. The workgroup name is the default name (mshome). Default gateway is 192.168.1.1(modem) and all computers are 192.168.1.x, where x equals 2,3,4. They're all connected to a hub (logical star).

Each computer has access to the internet fine but the problem is they cannot see each other. I've run the network setup wizard on each host but nothing still.

Is it due to going through a hub or is there something i'm missing? :beard:

Cheers.

Go into your network connections and check to see which protocols you have installed. Also, if you are running firewall software, sometimes you have to allow those computers to be seen/allowed in the firewall settings first before you can see them on your network. That applies to norton and mcafee as far as I know.

~ Fawks

Only have TCP/IP installed as far as I know.

I'm running Zone Alarm which has 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.4 as trusted zones. Each computer can ping the gateway but not each other.

tcpip.jpg

zonealarm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom