cant see comps

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethiopian1

Beta member
I dont understand this, and im just trying to get some help. All i want to do is transfer my music and videos to my lap from my desk. I am just using a crossover cable. I dont understand why its not working. I have done everything i am supposed. I know that the comps are communicating somehow. When i change the ip address to the same as the other computer, it says another computer th network is using this static address. I just cant seem to see the computers. I am using home on the lap and pro on the desktop Any help would be awesome! Thank you.

You can't have 2 computers with same IP address, on same network. Thats first problem.

I know when I wanted to copy files over, and my computers were connected using a router, I just made the folder that they were in shared, then my other computer could see that folder from shared documents. I simply copied the files over.

yes i diabled all firewalls and im pretty sure file sharing is enabled. Yes they are in the same workgroup. And i know that i cant have the same ip address, i was just trying it to see what it said. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom