can't read old HD shared folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcange1

Beta member
Today i jsut installed windows xp pro on one of my harddirves and wanted to us my old as a slave. when i tried accesing the folder from 'my computer' E:\Documents and Settings\tim\ that my access is denied. this was the administration account while it was my OS HD on my other comp. i had a password, but so did my brother, and i canget into all his foldes/files. does this mean it was a problem since i was the administrated? I've tried unchecking the read-only box in my properties, then hitting apply. it asks if i want to apply to everything, which i do, so i hit ok and it goes back to read only. ive tried sharing it too with no luck. any ideas on how i can access my folder and files? Thanks alot :bald:

Right click on the drive that is slave right now, which apparently would be E, and select the Security tab. There should be a list of different users, and from there you can select who has what permissions and what they can do to that drive. One of the users should either be the name of your current user account or the name of the computer. If you're not worried about security, atleast right now, try giving everyone full control. Hopefully that works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom