cant play game on networked computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlr

In Runtime
hi i have a friend who has got his computers networked toghether hes been out and bought two copies of deltaforce one for each comp so his two kids can play online toghether but the computer with the secondry conection wont play the game online any help most apreciated thanks in advance oh by the way he isnt using a router or hub he just the crossover cable from one computer too the other

Does he have internet connection sharing on the computer that is connected to the net? Also make sure netbios is enabled and that the guest account is activated. Double check to make sure that they are on the same subnet as well.

if the computers are sharing one internet connection then when the main computer logs onto the Delta Force servers it takes up your IP address. so when the 2nd computer tries to log on it cant because it probably needs its own IP address to log into the Delta Force servers. Just a thought.

Ive run two copies of Delta force across the web... I assume you mean the original which used novaworld to host games?

I was able to run two games from behind the same IP fine but what I did find was that each installation looked a the product serial key and refused to allow to clients using the same key to connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom