can't log in to router (linksys)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Authentik1

Solid State Member
I think I've tried my default gateway (192.168.1.1) address like 1,000,000 times. I've tried the static IP that my router is assigned. I've tried DNS. I've shut down every peice of firewall software/virus protection/net connection application that there is....I just want to get into my router settings without having to completely reset the damn thing. IE and Firefox both tell me the connection is refused. I'm thinking there is a process running that's stopping me.
btw - Linksys WRT54G

here's the processes list...
explorer.exe
realsched.exe
MsPMSPSv.exe
svchost.exe
AIRSVCU.exe
spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
lsass.exe
services.exe
winlogon.exe
csrss.exe
smss.exe
System
System Idle Process

help.

Are you sure the IP is right? On my Netgear router it is 192.168.0.1. Just a thought.

Your positive the configuration was never changed right? I would just verify with an IPCONFIG and be sure the actual default gateway is 192.168.1.1 Once you are sure of that then yes something is blocking access.

If you have service pack 2 make sure the firewall is disabled and that its service is disabled.

if u havent changed it it should be 192.168.1.1 user admin and pass admin. i had that router and never had any problems at all connecting to it. have u tried pingin that address see if get sumthing bak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom