Cant join domain n Nslookup error

Status
Not open for further replies.

kukuhead

Baseband Member
I did a upgrade on my XP home to XP pro. So i try to change from workgroup "example.net" to Domain "example.net" Firstly it coame out a prompt for user name and password. Then after i key in the details and enter, it came out an Error

"The following error occurred attempting to join "example.Net" : The network name cannot be found."

I did a nslookup in command prompt and i get error :

"***cant find server name for address 192.168.1.1: Non-existent domain
***Default server are not available
Default server: Unknow
Address: 192.168.1.1

The IP "192.168.1.1" is my Domain controller address which is also the dhcp server\proxy\DNS for this XP machine.
The XP machine can surf the internet, ping the above IP address (192.168.1.1) and the domain "example.net" . But cant join "example.net"

What can be the problem?? Thanks

After some changes done to the DNS scope/zone. Now when i type "NSLOOKUP" at XP pro , it came out :
Default Server : Kids.master.net
Address: 192.168.1.1

Dats is my DNS runing on the win2k server also the DC. SO why do i still get the "The Network Name cannot be found " Error when i try to join the domain "master.net" ?

After many test, i finally found the answer. After i realised my Admin$ n IPC $ was missing, i created it again. after dat it came out another error when i join the domain. "The specifed server cannot perform the requested operation" This turn out to be an Domain Controller problem. After some search , This was done "Removed the H323 Gateway using netsh as follows, "netsh routing ip nat delete h323"
And after dat, Hoo HAH!! Done! i manage to join the domain :)

Thanks, Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom