cant go on to specific web sites?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
im helping a family friend out and his problem is from his home network he cant access a specific website eg eurostar.com but he can surf other website easy its just this particular one he has found he cant go on to
Ive installed all windows updates also ive even reset internet explorer to factory default aka start from scratch again, ive deleted cookies cache etc etc also i tried to open it up in firefox and still no luck also i lowered the security to medium tab and privacy on low settings to see if that made any difference and it doesnt

Seems you have a problem with your MTU settings, run this command for me ( netsh interface ipv4 show subinterfaces ) and look at the VALUE for MTU under your default connection for most people its "Local area connection"

then try this command and tell me if it you get a message along these lines "packet needs to be fragmented but DF set." ( ping eurostar.com -f -l 1472 )

this number of MTU is the default for enthernet connections, since i dont know how your connecting to the internet i assume its enthernet. if your still keep getting message, keep lowering your number each time and try again (e.g 1460,1450,1440 ...)

and let me know what number you get success from

Open the hosts file in notepad. It is located in /windows/system32/drivers/etc/
See if there are any entries with eurostart.com
Check your router settings and disable any filters.
Try another computer/laptop on the same internet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom