can't get rid of ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

gohand

In Runtime
there are ads hard to ignor even i go to google it pops up, but in other computer or a new formated, new installed computer don't, so there must be some file that stored in the system that when you surf it recognize you like cookies but no matter i clean all the history or cookies that i could in my pc i still can't get rid of them, so where can they be? and there are some thing called your-search.cc that stocks in my home page address set from the internet explorer's property, no matter how i change it, once i restart it comes back again, even i use hijackthis to dellete any realate item that i can think of, but the most sad thing is when i click search result in google the page becomes "your-search.cc"'s page, i can click on the result when i click back a few times. and the ads from Xlime.offeroptimizer.com click here pops- up ever where i go, is anyone has a simular experience? any idea?

if there's anything doubtable, go to your regedit.exe and search for its name. and delete their register keys.

In you case, that search.cc is probably inside your IE as a plug-in.

how can i delete it is it is inside the iE as a plug-in? and how can i search inside regedit by key word? because it is too large location inside and i am not familiar with it.

MicroBell said:
Most of those programs are adware/spyware. I would suggest useing a few removal programs like Adware 6.0, Spybot Search & Destroy and hijack this (as you already have). Once your clean..install a firewall and this will prevent some of this crap.

if it's an old computer, in order to learn something, just find out the keys of the addware in your register table and delete them. I've done it just a week ago, my IE (and windows explorer) had an extra tool bar, to get rid of it, I searched for the words appeared on the tool bar in the register, and deleted the keys. Then it's gone. Probably the plug-in is still on my compter somewhere, but I have just cut of the connection between the addware and my browser by deleting the register keys.

Me too I had this problem.,
From regedit I delete any key with same name
Restart and regedit is same as I never touch it.
there is something overwriting windows changes.
then I change some dll files which IE use to show pages like
"about:blank"
I got the dll from other PC not infected.
I saw the new dll file 250 KB smaller the the infected one.
Same Restart and here we go same adds showing.
Did repair on the OS
Insend of 'Welcome to Windows" I saw "Welcome to SAMRT-SEARCH"
--
This prgrams are using classes in reg edit you can see about a milion of them but which one is I don't recommend guest buy deleting.
Unless you are Bill and know what are you doing.
---
There is a dll file called bridge.dll
This for sure know if you find it delete it.
IN SAFE MODE
---
So I don't know what I didn't try yet.
But no metter What I did after restart
same add shownig like own my PC
---
I give up reinstall windwos
Ater 1 mount fighting
---
Other option is go "Linux do it better"

Status
Not open for further replies.