Cant connect using wireless

Kyle Preston

Beta member
Im using a windows 7 desktop PC, im having issues with connecting to the internet, whats happening is that i click the icon in the bottom right corner that brings up networks and slect my router and click > connect but then it asks me for Network Authentication and asks me for a username and password, my issue being is that ive never seen this before and im unsure exactly what username and passwor it requires, ive tried my computer login but was no use. The apadter im using is a belkin 11mbps wireless desktop network card, it also came with a belkin wireless utility program which i have no idea how to use, ive tried using it but had no results, it does say connected on the utility but doesent on the ivon on the toolbar and the utility never promted me to enter a network key so im assuing its not connected. Any helpful suggestions would be welcomed Thanks.

Try re-booting your wireless router, and then restart your pc
You'll have to ask the owner of the wireless router for the passphrase/password.
If your using the belkin software for access then that username/password sounds like your attempting to access the router. Again, ask the owner of that router for access

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom