Can't Connect to Secure Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onetimewill

Beta member
I have an HP tablet operating XP. I have come across an interesting problem and cannot find any resolution for it. I can wirelessly access the web and browse all I want until I attempt to log in to a site which requires a username and password (even something as common as Hotmail). I know the network and internet settings are correct as I have been through this many times. I feel it might be some type of virus or registry issue. Has anyone encountered this or does anyone have any advice? Thank you very much.

BTW, my name is Will and I am a new member. Hello to all out there. Been browsing through the forums and there is ton of great info.

Thanks

Will

Thanks Shawn, been through all of the above and still does not work. This problem started about a month ago. Don't want to have to reinstall os, so willing to try anything.

What happens when you try to connect? Do you get the 404 error or does your browser crash or what? What browser are you using? If you think it is malware, what have you used to scan your PC?

I am using IE 6.0. Tried to DL firefox but does not allow me to connect to mozilla server. I have a McAfee program I use and and one other program that I can't recall and tablet is at office right now. I get the standard "IE Cannot Display The Web Page"

Can anyone suggest a good malware program?

Thx again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom