cant connect to the internet no more???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumpin_records

Solid State Member
I have comcast cable and i have a d-link DI-614. I have a laptop and a desk top hooked up wireless to the dlink and its working fine. the problem is the main computer that is connected to the dlink by ethernet dont work. its not the dlink its somehting in my computer dont know. always getting web page not found and when i click on my network connection theres nothing in that folder. can anyone help? the latest thing i have installed is my video card and right after that no connection to the internet

Is your NIC buildin or PCI? Check device manager to see if it's even listed there. If it reports any error you might have to reinstall it or perhaps it just died and you may have to get a new one. If this is a buildin NIC it may be disable, check BIOS to see if it's enable. Windows will try to install a driver for it, but it's recommended you provide the driver from the motherboard CD or manufacture website.

now what is nic or pci? i will check the device manager to see if its listed. now how di i check bios thanks

A NIC is an acronym for Network Interface Card, another word it's your ethernet card that is connect with your cable to the router. PCI is the white slot on your computer, because most older computer come with a NIC on the PCI slot, but with newer computer the NIC is buildin with the motherboard.

To access your BIOS, when the computer starts up it will tell you press F2 to Del to enter setup. It depends on motherboard, some may press different keys to access the BIOS. You can try F1,F10.

Law said:
A NIC is an acronym for Network Interface Card, another word it's your ethernet card that is connect with your cable to the router. PCI is the white slot on your computer, because most older computer come with a NIC on the PCI slot, but with newer computer the NIC is buildin with the motherboard.

To access your BIOS, when the computer starts up it will tell you press F2 to Del to enter setup. It depends on motherboard, some may press different keys to access the BIOS. You can try F1,F10.
i have a ethernet card built onto my mother board when i plug the plug in to the ethernet card the router lights up and the light on the ether net pug lights up. i have a asus mother board. now what do i do when i get in my bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom