Can't connect to internet - AOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

david15549

Baseband Member
Hi

my friend can't connect to the internet. He reset his router and then filled out the information in the router settings:

VCI:38
VPI:0
PPPoE
Multiplexing: LLC

He gets a DSL connection but no internet connection. It says: Interface down.

He is using a Linksys WAG160N

Any help?

can he ping a website like google? I have not dealt with aol for a long time but there may be some setups steps that need to be done for it to work with dsl. Does the router say he is connected to his ppoe client?

can he ping a website like google? I have not dealt with aol for a long time but there may be some setups steps that need to be done for it to work with dsl. Does the router say he is connected to his ppoe client?

I don't think so.

Of course you can ping google.com as long as you have an internet connection. It is a great way to see if there is a problem with the modem, router or specific (aol) program.

I can't ping google and the interface is down

check the router to see if he has entered his ppoe information correctly. Then check to see if the router shows an active connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom