Can't Connect To Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ob1tus

Solid State Member
Hello everyone, I'm having an exhausting problem. I have a Siemens SpeedStream 4200 aDSL modem and I'm trying to run Call of Duty 2. Other online games work properly but when I open up Call of Duty 2 Multiplayer or Singleplayer my DSL connection completely disconnects. I've been to www.portforward.com and I've set up my static IP and I've set up the three UPD ports, but to no avail. I've spent way too long on this and need some advice, any help is so appreciated.

You aren't hosting a server so portforwarding won't do you any help.

Now I don't understand how the heck can the DSL modem just disconnect you in Single Player Mode, because it doesn't even use your Internet connection.

But when you need to play Multiplayer you will need to go into Multiplayer Option and select your Connection type.

Make sure you don't have a firewall blocking you from playing.

Thanks for the reply, I have DSL selected in the options menu and I've disabled firewall. I have no idea how it can dissconnect my internet when I go into Singleplayer either, perhaps it tries to connect to see if there's available patches?

I'm a network scrub so portforwarding went over my head.

Yes, the same problem is still occuring. Some other games give the same problem: like Oblivion, and Battlefield 2 (single- and multiplayer). But bizarrely, the original Call of Duty works just fine, both single and multiplayer.

And no, the game gives no error message. The "DSL" light on the modem simply gives out the minute these games are booted, and only after exiting them will the modem reconnect, minutes later.

I appreciate the help. I've never encountered anything quite like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom