Cant connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitesh0528

In Runtime
i have windows xp home and i am the system administrator of the machine and i cant connect to the internet it says this is restricted and to contact the system administrator....

no im not people mess up the machines and i dont know that they did they dont eve know well ya he told me that it has happened recently and i connected to the network here at work and it dont work and he using aol i think at home im not sure exactly but it just wont connect and when i try to go to internet options it gives me that restrictions error

it just will not connect
when i have it on the LAN it should connect but it doesnt i have tried everything its just that something is stopping it from connecting

Have you tried going to a command prompt and pinging out. Or you could try tracert to see at what point the traffic is being blocked. Also, run an ipconfig command to see if you are getting a valid ip address.

You need to see if this is a connection problem or a software/permissions problem.

I'm having a hard time understanding your post below so I will ask the question again: Is it a dial-up connection or broadband?

broadband
and when i ping out i get a ip address and when i do a ip config i get a vaild ip
he says he has rogers high speed at home and it just wont connect his aol connect but no his ie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom