Can't connect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Astroman

Baseband Member
Well, I recently upgraded to the new McAfee, since mine had expired. That's when trouble began. McAfee re-activated the Windows Update, which I had previously deactivated. The same problem re-appeared (svchost.exe crashing on startup, causing (very) slow performance and no internet connection). So I manually told McAfee not to auto activate it and deactivated it. Now svchost.exe doesn't crash on startup no more, but I still have no access to the internet... I know it's not to do with my modem / router, cause the computer I'm writing this on is on the same network. Also, I can ping no problem any IP of websites such as TF or GOOGLE, McAfee can update fine, but I can't get access to web pages thru both Firefox and IE.

Network connections appear fine, too. What can I do???

EDIT: I checked, I can even play online poker thru the PartyPoker application!!!!!! Crazy.

EDIT2: I uninstalled McAfee, Internet works fine. Now I know it's McAfee. Gonna look it up on McAfee help website, reinstall McAfee, and then see.

EDIT3: Reinstalled McAfee, McAfee's help told me to activate TCP IP thru registry modification, which I didn't do since it was already activated. So my internet still doesn't work.

I don't understand why you continue to use mcafee. Or try to. Drop it for AVG, Avast or any AV you can Aquire CoughNOD32coughsymanteccoughtorrent)

Thatll solve all.

Since McAfee have a 30 day reimbursement tactic, I might go for Norton. Is their Internet Security 2007 suite good? And what's up with the NOD32 / Symantec??

Thanks!

EDIT: OH, lol, I get it.

Ok, I'll think I'll just get Norton, looks way better.

Symantec Corporate is better because its made for corporations. Thus it has alot more features and is more configurable.

Norton is made for consumers with desktops. And has less features/Less configurable.

Bottom line, just Aquire Symantec 10 corporate. Its way better. Coughtorrentcough

yea thats true!!Iagree with the guys!!
i use the nod32!!try it!!I never heard good news about mcafee!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom