Can't access WRT54G web-admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngeloR

Baseband Member
Here's a strange problem that I ran into. For some reason whenever I try and access my routers web administration page, it gives me a "network has timed out" issue.

That doesn't make any sense to me, because not only am I connected to my network (wireless and wired), pinging results in <1ms response times, with no packets dropped.

I'm unsure exactly what to do at this point, because I would hate to reset my router and have to re-configure all my ports.. The worst part is I can't even connect to my router to flash it to dd-wrt because the firmware update section is actually built into the web panel, and I'm unsure how to do it otherwise.

I've tried from Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional and openSuse11 and all of them give me a network timed out issue. My first instinct was that perhaps the browser was acting up, so I tested on the following, with no luck:
Firefox 3.0
Firefox 3.1b
IE 7
IE 8
Chrome
The default gateway is 192.168.1.1, which I'm assuming is the default Linksys gateway, because I haven't changed any of that from setup.

Sounds like something is either hung up or some funky firmware version. Which version of the WRT54G is it? (Underneath) Have you tried to:

(Origin OS wont matter while doing this...browser wont either)
1) release your ip
2) unplug (power off for both) your modem and the WRT54G
3) plug the WRT54G back in (only connected to the computer... no other RJ45s are in at this point)
4) renew your IP
5) then try the 192.168.1.1 page (or whatever yours is)

another thing.. any other DHCP servers out there on your LAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom