Cant access the internet with my laptop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXxexpertxXx

In Runtime
I have just reformatted my laptop and i cannot seem to connect to the internet! When i go into Control Panel and look at my internet Connections! Their arnt any there! Do i need to install a connection? My laptop has its own Wireless internet how do i get it to work tho. Do i need to install the drivers? I can use my Jump Drive to download a driver from this computer and transfer it onto my laptop!

any ideas?

Thx in advance

i have a Compaq Presario V6000

and my laptop as windows Vista

now i searched for some drivers...

Is this one good?

Open Drivers - Free Download HP Compaq Presario V6000 Notebook Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver 5.00 B Windows Vista/Vista x64

Yes, you likely just need the correct drivers. Do this:

Hit the Windows Key+Pause key. The windows key is the one with the windows logo (duh =P) and the pause key is probably a function key in blue lettering if it is a laptop. If this is the case hit Windows Key+Fn+Pause.

Then click on the Hardware tab, and click Device Manager. If you are missing any drivers they will appear in the middle of the window that pops up and should have yellow question marks beside them. These are the drivers you will need in order to get your internet working. Should be some of the following:

Ethernet controller
Network adapter/controller

And you may see some others. If your laptop came with a drivers disk, just put that in and you should be able to install the drivers with that. Let me know if this helps.

Sorry laptop is running XP

Uninstalled Programs in Device Manager

coprocessor
network controller (This one is proly it)
other pci bridge devices
sm bus controller
unknown device
video controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom