Can't access internet badgateway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOTA2000

Baseband Member
My computer can't seem to access the internet anymore , it use to be fine. When I click on internet explorer it says its a "badgateway" i dont know what to do

We need more information about your network, tell us what type of Internet you're using, any router, operating system, etc.

Open up a command prompt and type ipconfig /all and verify that you got an IP address, subnet mask, default gateway and DNS. Take note of this information.

If you don't recieve any IP address from the router or your IP address is not what you expected and it gave you 169.254.X.X, please note that DHCP on the router must be enable to be able to recieve an IP automatically, you can try opening up command prompt and typing ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew

If you still can't recieve an IP, please download winsockxp, but backup your registry first before using it. http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

Now perform the following steps below.

1) ping the loopback address 127.0.0.1

Do you get a reply? If yes move on to step 2 if not don't proceed yet.

2) ping your IP address

Do you get a reply? If yes move on to step 3 if not don't proceed yet.

3) ping the default gateway

Do you get a reply? If yes move on to step 4 if not don't proceed yet.

4) ping the DNS IP

Do you get a reply? If yes move on to step 5 if not don't proceed yet.

5) ping 64.233.161.147

Do you get a reply? If yes move on to step 6 if not don't proceed yet.

6) ping www.google.com

Do you get a reply? If yes move on to step 7 if not don't proceed yet.

7) open up a web browser and go to www.google.com

Does it work? If yes you have Internet, if not you have a firewall issue or wrong configuration in the web browser.

Tell me which step you are stuck at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom