Cant Access internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
im using a dsl modem. Why would the pci modem have any affect? Also doesnt reconize it anyway because it comes up under the device manager as a new hardware?

Where would I unistall the onboard modem? The only modem I know of is the one in the PCI slot and my DSL modem. If its in the device manager I think I can do it there.

PCI simple communciation is indicating whatever communication device on the PCI slot, this might be your modem. Is your NIC buildin the motherboard or on the PCI slot?

Ok, lets do this :

Take out the PCI Modem then boot up the machine... the Machine won't see it anymore causing it to forget about it.

Then power off, then re-install the Card... Make sure its sat firmly then reboot... Windows should recognize it again.

my brother just left but i think when we try to turn of the DSL that we bring up and down stairs every day the internet light dosent work. it did the day before before we took the cp apart and put the new mobo in and the new case and the graphivs card. we have the SBC yahoo disk but it wont install any thing on it.

ok ill tell him when he gets back from the library doing homework and we will try that and if that dosent work well ask u again ....... but can u give me a list of instructions to do in order to do so i cant print them out to look at plz.

Just Take the PCI modem card out of the slot...

Boot up the machine normally.
Power off
Put PCI MODEM card back in ( maybe trying another slot just incase that one is busted )

Boot up.
Windows will recognize the new hardware and install a driver for it.

You don't have a Disk that came with it ? how about a disk that came with the modem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom