Cannot see users in my workgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.
try sharing another folder on the laptop.

or click view workgroup computer. sometime my network folder won't show, but I can access them there.

I have sharing on both computers and the laptop. I have added new shared folders to the laptop. I can ping both the desktop and laptop from each other fine. As far as whacking I dont know what that is and I have no idea how to map a network drive.

Quick update when I go to map a network drive i clicked view network and then under mshome it shows both my desktop computers but then another computer called tt/guest. I try to click it and it asks for a password. Could this possibly be my laptop ?

ctm2k said:
Quick update when I go to map a network drive i clicked view network and then under mshome it shows both my desktop computers but then another computer called tt/guest. I try to click it and it asks for a password. Could this possibly be my laptop ?

that sound like you have XP sp2 or a 3rd party firewall on the laptop and you didn't run the network setup wizard on the laptop, so it can open those ports

ctm2k said:
But if I had a firewall on the laptop I wouldnt be able to ping it correct?

yes. try running the network setup wizard. you might also get past that pasword by typing admin and no password and hit enter

I changed my workgroup name turns out that TT/Guest was just someone else on my wireless. Any other ideas why im not able to veiw my workgroup through the laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom