Cannot see users in my workgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctm2k

Baseband Member
Hello im having a problem and im fairly new to networking. First I have 2 computers connected to my linksys router through ehternet. They see each other just fine and can share files. I just got a laptop and im using wireless on it. Im using the same workgroup name a unique pc name and I have file sharing on yet I cannot see any computers in the workgroup. I have no firewall installed on any computer. Can anyone tell me whats wrong with the laptop or suggestions step by step. I would appreciate it thank you.

Xp ? on that laptop ? Is your windows default firewall enabled ?
Do you have other connectivity problems such as internet ?

also make sure you have the ms file and printer sharing enabled

I have xp pro on both the desktops and the laptop. I can access the internet through both desktops and laptops and i have file and printer sharing enabled

what about the default windows firewall.. when I setup my network i had to dissable the windows firewall.

edit: I know you don't have any fw's installed, but the sp2 firewall in windows is a killer.

Have you tried to rename that machine to the workgroup again and reboot ?

Another thought... the computers might be held in different parts of the network places b/c of connection type.

Yes I have renamed multiple times.I was thinking the same thing as regards to the connection type. Is there a way i can check or change this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom